Wednesday, 30 March 2011
Monday, 21 March 2011
A few DJ dates for your diaries from SKIBUNNY…
FRI 18th MARCH - EDINBURGH - WOLF PARTY @ The Store, Guthrie Street. LINK
THURS 24th & 31st MARCH - EDINBURGH - SICK NOTE @ Cabaret Voltaire, Blair Street. LINK
SUN 27th MARCH - EDINBURGH - COALITION @ Sneaky Pete’s, The Cowgate
FRI 1st APRIL - BELFAST - UPSIDE DOWN AFTERSHOW w/ALAN MCGEE @ The Menagerie, University Ave. LINK
"The Belfast date follows the screening of the AMAZING documentary UPSIDE DOWN: The Creation Records Story, at the Belfast Film Festival. You can buy tickets for the film screening HERE. The film was made by our very good friends DOCUMENT PRODUCTIONS, and in fact Tanya was the production accountant on the film (day job, yo!) and we are really happy to be DJing once again alongside the legend that is Alan McGee."
Sunday, 13 March 2011
Do not enchant the CxO
• The people who you need to speak with and impress are at a lower level in organisations you want to work with
• Don't waste time trying to enchant the boss
• At a lower organisational level these are the guys that actually do the work
Great enchanters know who to speak and pitch
• Customise your introduction -
• Sell your dream 'there's an app for that'
• 10 slides | 20 minutes | 30pt font size
• Information, insights and assistance when using social media tools - we do not care about what you have for lunch.
• Great Engagement: BE FAST to MANY and OFTEN
• You have no idea about who is going to make your service tip it might be LonelyBoy15 - everyone has value in the social media sphere
• There is a misconception that once you've done everything you can kick back and relax and spark up twitter - it need to be constant.
• Drop everything else when your boss asks you to do something - if you think this is not optimal - it's because you don't know your bosses reality.
• Prototype fast - when you're asked to do something, don't wait until it's perfect - show your boss what you're working on. Am I on the right page here? Higher probability that you will deliver the right thing.
• Deliver Bad news early - never surprise your boss bad news and always deliver it with solutions
Enchant Down - Provide a MAP for your colleagues
• Mastery - you will understand these new things/you're going to improve your skill set here
• Autonomy - we are not going to micro-manage you)
• Purpose - working autonomously for a higher purpose.
Empower Action in Your Colleagues
• I trust you
• I think you're smart
• Do what it takes to get the job done
Suck It Up
• Never ask someone to do something you would not do.
Monday, 7 March 2011
Sunday, 6 March 2011
STA recommend -
Bearsuit - The Phantom Forest
Fortuna Pop! LP / CD
Bearsuit return with an off-the-wall pop masterpiece and a fierce new sound incorporating dirty synths, urgent guitars and infectious beats. Produced by Gareth Parton (The Go! Team, Breeders, Foals).
Alright The Captain - Snib
Field Records CD
Alright The Captain take a shared love for bands like Hella, Holy Fuck and Primus come out bursting out with a chaotic and frantic sound.
The Rock Of Travolta - Fine Lines
Big Red Sky CD
Oxford Post-Rock originators The Rock Of Travolta return with the blistering and beautifully-crafted, ‘Fine Lines’; a perfect equilibrium of power and fragility, motion and melody
Thursday, 3 March 2011
17 Mar *Hole In The Wall Club* 2538 Guadalupe St 18:00 - 18:30
18 Mar *Full Irish Breakfast* BD Reilys 16:00 - 16:20
19 Mar *SXSW Official* 512 Rooftop 22:00 to 22:40